About the Symposium:
The Department of GIS and Cartography, Faculty of Geographical and Environmental Sciences, University of Khartoum is occasionally organizing a symposium on Geographical Information Systems/Sciences and Technology in which a refereed and reviewed papers are presented by different scholars and graduate students in different areas of the subject and of interest to its scientific and national-world domains.
The 2nd GIS Symposium will be held on 22/8/2017 under the slogan “Geo-technologies matter”. The Symposium organizing committee welcomes contributions from both national and international participants. The contributions include papers, posters, keynote addresses, etc. In addition, other scientific, social and cultural activities will be encouraged. Khartoum City site seeing, and a short Nile cruise may be arranged.
Conditions for participation:
- Contributions or papers should meet criteria for scientific writing and to be the result of original research effort, so as to provide a new contribution in the field wrought, and not be published or may publish part of it before.
- The desired size of the contribution or paper is of 1500 to 3000 words, and should include five keywords and be accompanied by abstract in the range of 100 to 150 words, with a translation into one of the languages of the symposium .
- All contributions are subject to evaluation and academic assessment, and in case of acceptance, the contributor would do the corrections/amendments (if any) and submit the final version to the Scientific Committee for editing, scheduling and print layouts of the symposium proceedings.
- Full contributions should be submitted to the Organizing Committee in the Department no later than 10 September 2016.
- Academics and researchers from inside and outside University of Khartoum
- Academics and researchers from inside Sudan and abroad
- Postgraduate Students
Languages: Arabic and English
Info and Contact: Mobile: (to be assigned soon)